Thursday, November 10, 2011

About "The Silly Sicilian"

Family first, is my motto. I got that motto from my immediate and extended family growing up. I was raised in a large, loud, Italian-American family. Both sides are extremely Italian. I’m half Sicilian and half Napolitano. Focus on family and food is what I was raised on. Always sitting down to a meal with my family after a long day of school or work is the most vital, important, and exciting time of my day. Not only do you share good food, but you are enjoying each other. That’s what human nature is all about...each other. Food is just one of driving forces that bring us together. Why not have it be good food?

I call myself The Silly Sicilian, because essentially I’m a big smart-assed goofball. You’ll see as you read my recipes. I always feel the need to add my little cheesy, smart-assed comments. I just can’t help it. I thank my lucky stars, I have found a man who understands my funky, bubbly sense of humor. We share the same sense of humor and it’s crazy how we can finish each others sentences and read each others thoughts. 

When I moved out on my own my freshmen year of college, I could barely boil water for Ramen noodles. So, I made it my personal quest to learn to cook and cook well. I found I had a natural talent for cooking. There’s barely a meal I make twice due to my creativity and affinity for food unless requested. Those requested favorites are here in this blog. 

The Silly Sicilian blog is not only Italian fare, but southern BBQ. I know, I know, how on earth do those two go together. They don’t and that’s a fact, but I was raised on one and created a love for the other.

On this blog, you will find classic family tradition-style Italian food made and created with all the love and passion in the world because I have created it for the ones I love. You’ll also find antipasto favorites, desserts, and yes, the whacked-out BBQ section. 

Get Cooking,
Jeanette



No comments:

Post a Comment